Rural General Practitioners
The Royal Adelaide Hospital has a 1800 phone service for rural General Practitioners and South Australian country hospital staff.
The 1800 89 4000 Rural Link number provides an efficient communication link and is currently being utilised by rural general practitioners, country and interstate hospitals staff for some of the following;
- Providing feedback on patients that have been retrieved or transferred to RAH.
- Providing assistance when having difficulties in accessing feedback and information on patients that have been referred to Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Following up on copies of discharge summaries, pathology, radiology and other information on patients discharged from Royal Adelaide that present at local hospitals and GP practices.
- Assisting staff who are experiencing telephone delays in accessing OPD departments and other departments.
- Assisting with a variety of problems or concerns related to continuity of care of patients as they move from city to country.
The Rural Link service is coordinated by the Rural Liaison Nurse Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm. A message can be left if ringing after hours.