The Nursing Service at Royal Adelaide Hospital offers a challenging, diverse and a rewarding career with ample opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Over 2000 nurses work across the Royal Adelaide Hospital campuses and are a mixture of registered nurses, enrolled nurses and assistants in nursing.
Exciting employment opportunities exist in many clinical areas for motivated, enthusiastic nurses wishing to work within a team environment. We offer excellent opportunities for you to demonstrate your commitment to quality of care, communication skills and reflective thinking practice.
RAH offers the following in accordance with the Nurses-South Australian Public Sector Award and Enterprise Agreement 2007:
- Generous salary sacrificing arrangements
- Salary and Conditions in accordance
with the Nurses (SA Public Sector) Award
- Long service leave (12 weeks after 10 years continued
- Fourteen weeks paid maternity and paid adoption leave arrangements
- Salary classifications / career structure as per the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2007
- Allowances for additional qualifications
RAH also offers:
- Funded study leave for recognised courses
- Corporate uniforms
- Child care on site (depending on availability)
- On site parking
- Staff Development opportunities - The hospital has a Staff Development Department that provides and coordinates a wide range of courses, study days and workshops. The hospital offers a comprehensive orientation program for new staff that usually includes one and a half supernumerary days
- Information and technology - The Nursing Service uses a fully computerised clinical information system - ExcelCare - which generates the nursing care plan, enables patient outcome measurement and determines hours per patient day, which interface with the rostering system - ProAct - to provide costing data and assist staffing modelling.
- Banking (ATM and Bank SA)
- Cafeteria and Kiosk
- Chapel and Chaplaincy Services
- Health Promotion
- Immunisation program
- Staff Counselling Services
- Short–term accommodation in Residential Wing (on site)
- Close to public transport and CBD
- EFM gymnasium
Nursing | Employment | Nursing
Clinical Specialties | Clinical
Patient Care Services Index
Royal Adelaide Hospital 1997-2010 Disclaimer & Privacy Statements
04 Dec 2012