Projects & Special Interest Areas
Occupational Therapy Clinical Competency program: Development of OT clinical competency program and assessment tools in conjunction with other metropolitan based OT Managers and Heads of Departments.
- Evaluating the impact of Occupational Therapy Assistants, under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist for inpatient services
- IRAM program for tendon injuries.
- Cancer Related Fatigue
- Impact on ADL of chemotherapy for older cancer patients
- Developing a tool for telephone follow-up of Burns patients
- Scar assessment and management (see info on M.A.P.S. assessment order).
- Clinical guidelines and patient information for hand therapy.
- Development and standardisation of postural assessment tool for people with spinal cord injury.
- Use of A.M.P.S. (Assessment of Motor & Process Skills) in the acute and rehabilitation setting - an internationally standardised Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment.
- Evidence based practice including collaboration with the Joanna Briggs Institute.
- Supporting/ training therapists from other organisations wanting to further develop their skills in a specific clinical area (e.g. rural therapists, hand splinting training workshops).
- Staff participation and provision of student tutorials and workshops for tertiary Occupational Therapy students
- Burn Education
- involvement in Burn Unit outreach education
- Photographic scar progression education manual.
- Supporting spinal cord injury management in rural areas - e.g. Mount Gambier clinic.
Patient Information and forms
- General Information for Outpatients
- MAPS - Matching Assessment using Photographs & Scars
- MAPS Manual order form
For further information, please phone +61 82224980 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org