The Consumer Advisers at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) are senior hospital staff members and can help with any concerns or feedback you may have, including about our facility. Your comments will be treated sensitively, confidentially, and anonymously if you wish.
If you have any feedback about your stay or any other aspect of our care or service, we would love to hear from you.
To speak with a Consumer Adviser at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, contact:
Phone: (08) 7074 1377
This service is available from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
What you can expect from our staff:
- Staff to introduce themselves and advise you of their role in your care.
- To treat you with dignity, respect and compassion.
- To reply appropriately to any concerns or queries.
- For you or your family member/carer to be involved in your care planning.
- To be informed that staff will liaise with other health workers to provide continuity of care.
- To be offered access to interpreters in all aspects of your care, if your first language is other than English.
- To have the right to refuse treatment to the point allowed by law once the options available have been explained.
- To have your personal information kept confidential and your privacy respected.
- Support to help you to manage your own health and wellbeing.
You can help us in your care by:
- Telling the staff caring for you all of your medical details. This includes any problems you may have had before, in particular any allergies or medications you are taking.
- Asking for further explanation if you do not understand what you have been told.
- Co-operating with any treatment that you and the staff have agreed to, for example by following directions and by reporting any change in your condition.
- Asking the help of a suitable interpreter (if English is not your first language) so you have a full and clear explanation of your treatment, medication and tests.
- Treating all staff, patients and visitors with respect.
- Letting staff know where you are at all times so that they can arrange your care suitably.
- Abiding by hospital rules and respecting that they are for the benefit and safety of all patients, and expecting your visitors to do the same.