4.30 pm: 24 June 2021
A new direction regarding cross border travel was issued yesterday in response to recent COVID-19 outbreaks in NSW.
This update provides important additional advice specifically for CALHN staff.
NSW border update
From 1.41pm 23 June 2021, if anyone has been in New South Wales on or after 11 June they are not permitted to enter South Australia.
Entry is permitted for returning residents, people relocating to South Australia, and people fleeing domestic violence, however, on arrival they must:
- quarantine for 14 days
- get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible
- get tested on day 5 and day 13 of quarantine
- wear a face mask (covering mouth and nose) at any time they come into contact with the public for 14 day quarantine period (i.e. when seeking testing).
Essential travellers are also permitted, however they must adhere to the requirements outlined in the Cross Border Travel Direction.
Cross border community members (people who live within 100km of the SA and NSW border) who have not travelled beyond 100km into NSW on or after 11 June are not subject to testing or quarantine requirements.
More information on the Cross Border Direction is available at www.covid-19.sa.gov.au.
Additional advice for healthcare workers
If you have been in any of the above-mentioned areas during the specified timeframes you should:
- get a COVID-19 test as soon as possible and self-isolate until you receive a negative result
- complete the self-isolation form
- contact your line manager and the Clinical Worker Health Service (contact details are below) for further advice and a risk assessment before returning to work.
You will be required to get tested again on day 5 and day 13 after your arrival to South Australia.
This policy applies to all CALHN staff regardless of your vaccination status.
If you are able to work effectively from home while you are self-isolating, please speak with your manager to make arrangements. You may need to complete a new working from home form.
Where flexible working arrangements are not possible, for the period of self-quarantine, the leave provisions outlined in the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment Determination 3.1: Supplementary Provisions for COVID-19 are applicable.
Clinical health worker service
Royal Adelaide Hospital: Mon – Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Telephone: 0401 689 039
- Email Health.RAHworkerhealthservice@sa.gov.au
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Telephone: 0423 824 010
- Email: HealthTQEHworkerhealthservice@sa.gov.au
After hours urgent healthcare worker related queries, telephone: 0438 976 481
Rachael Kay CALHN COVID-19 Commander