The General Practitioner (GP) Liaison Nurse at Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) works to provide a central, efficient and timely communication link to GPs and their practice staff.
This GP Liaison Nurse service is provided solely to General Practitioners and their practice staff, to assist and improve the liaison between RAH and referring GPs, with the ultimate goal of enhancing continuity of patient care. The service is not intended for use by patients.
The services provided by the GP Liaison Nurse include, but are not limited to:
- Providing feedback on inpatient progress
- Following up on copies of separation / discharge summaries, outpatient letters, ED presentations and separation summaries, including radiological / pathological results
- Identifying relevant RAH medical staff for GP to make contact with and facilitating method of communication
- Assisting GPs to navigate the delays of access through outpatient, and other areas within the RAH.
To contact the GP Liaison Nurse, please email HealthCNAHSRAHGPLiaison@sa.gov.au or phone 0411 321 894.
GP CALHN Link
The GP CALHN Link is a newsletter that keeps general practices across all services, initiatives and research stemming from our network.
- If the request is for a new patient to a GP clinic, please forward a clinic letterhead with the patient’s signature approving the release of information from the RAH.
- Please email any queries/requests to: HealthCNAHSRAHGPLiaison@sa.gov.au