There are certain things that you will need to bring when you come to the Royal Adelaide Hospital for a specialist clinic appointment, day procedure or overnight stay.
Bringing these items will help staff care for you and make you feel safe and comfortable.
Generally speaking, on each hospital visit, you should bring your:
- Medicare Card
- Veteran or Pension card (if applicable)
- Any relevant test x-rays and results
- Referring Doctor’s letter (if applicable)
- Contact number for your next of kin or carer
- Admission paperwork you may have been sent
- Key card/or credit card to access money
- List of current medications.
On the day of your admission, in addition to the above items, please also bring:
- Your contact lenses or glasses and/or hearing aid and batteries
- A small labelled overnight bag with clothing and toiletries
- Personal wheelchair or walking frame
- All medications and tablets.
In addition to the above, on each service and clinic page of this website, we list the specific items you need to bring with you.
If attending a specialist outpatient appointment or pre-operative clinic for surgery, you will receive a confirmation letter or phone call in advance to tell you what to bring.