The Dermatology Service at the Royal Adelaide Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services for patients with skin disorders living in the Central Adelaide region.
A telemedicine service is also provided to patients living in the northern Adelaide region, remote country SA, the Northern Territory and Broken Hill. This service is provided seven days per week.
Services are provided to the following as a priority:
- complex skin disease (e.g. severe eczema/psoriasis)
- systemic skin conditions
- skin malignancies (melanoma and NMSC, skin lymphomas)
- patients requiring complex drugs
- skin surveillance for high-risk transplant patients
- acute skin presentations, including widespread blistering diseases.
The Day Centre is staffed by medical specialists, specialist nurses as well as experienced physiotherapists and a dietitian. It offers an alternative to inpatient care for those with severe skin conditions, such as psoriasis and dermatitis, in order to provide assistance with a minimum disruption to a patient's daily life.
Services provided by the Day Centre include:
- Occlusive dressing
- Ulcer Clinic.
Outpatient services referrals require a letter from a general practitioner.
For more information, phone the Outpatient Call Centre: 1300 153 853