The respected team of volunteers at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre (HRC) play an important role by generously giving their time to support staff in enhancing the comfort and well-being of patients and their loved ones.
Volunteering is your chance to:
- give back and be a valued part of our community
- help people who are often going through difficult times
- make new friends with other volunteers and staff
- learn new skills and get some great experience.
Volunteers are recruited, trained and managed directly through the Volunteer
Services Unit before undertaking their role in the relevant volunteer unit. Potential
volunteers are required to go through a comprehensive recruitment and selection
process, if your application is successful:
- you will be asked to attend an interview
- after the interview, we will conduct referee checks
- we will then ask you to obtain current and clear Working with Children Check and/or Vulnerable Persons screening clearance
- we also require a series of documents to be read, understood and signed prior to attending an induction
- once all the documents are completed and we will invite you to attend our mandatory induction (all day).
Volunteering at the RAH
To be eligible to volunteer with us you are required to be:
- over 18 years of age
- positive, enthusiastic and willing to help
- able to commit to a regular shift each week for at least a twelve month commitment - holidays are of course allowed
- willing to complete an interview and undergo a criminal history screening check
- willing to have your own email address and comfortable in using smart phones, tablets or PCs including the volunteer online database system
- fit and able to perform the allocated volunteer role
- committed to our organisational values and ethics of caring, excellence, integrity, respect and unity
- willing to adhere to the Volunteer conduct standard
- willing to adhere to the Volunteer terms of engagement
- keen to help improve the experience of our patients and their loved ones, including elderly people and those from diverse backgrounds.
Please contact the Volunteer Service Unit on:
Telephone: (08) 7074 1240 or alternatively, please email: Health.RAHVolunteers@sa.gov.au