The Audiology Department at the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) provides audiological services, using specialised equipment, to individuals over the age of 18 years of age. Services are provided to inpatients and outpatients by appointment.
The Audiologists at the RAH assess individuals who are experiencing:
- Decreased/changed hearing
- Damaged hearing as a result of a medical event, such as head trauma, neurological pathology or ototoxic drug use
- Significantly distressing tinnitus
- Communication difficulties associated with hearing loss
- Balance issues and dizziness
Donations of good quality, modern, behind-the-ear hearing aids are always welcome. Low income Health Care Card holders can access low cost or second hand hearing aids through the Audiology Department with the assistance of the Da Costa Benevolent Fund. For further information, contact the Audiology Department on (08) 7074 0734.
We accept GP and specialist referrals for this service.
Referrals are triaged on priority. Emergency cases can present to the Emergency Department at any time or by calling the Audiology Department.
Referral Management Hub
Tel: 1300 153 853
Fax: (08) 7074 6247
Audiology Department (Emergency cases)
Telephone: (08) 7074 0734
Referrals should include:
- Patient details including full name, date of birth, contact phone numbers and Medicare card number.
- The reason for the referral
- Relevant clinical history
- Your name and contact details
The Audiology Booths are located on level 3, zone F.