Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) Physiotherapy outpatient services are provided at both the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH). While many services are provided at both sites, patients may need to be directed to a particular site for management of specific conditions.
- Adult musculoskeletal conditions
- Burns outpatients (state-wide)
- Patients referred from the RAH Pain Management Unit with chronic pain
- Haemophilia (state-wide)
- Hand therapy
- Lymphoedema (limited service and eligibility - contact TQEH/RAH directly)
- Patients with a chronic respiratory disease who may benefit from instruction in airway clearance techniques
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic floor function and continence issues (males and females)
Services not provided
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, spasticity
- Bandaging/garments for vascular conditions
- Exercise prescription for weight control
- Soft tissue massage only
- Paediatric conditions
- Return to work/Industrial Rehabilitation/Work Cover/Motor Accident claims or any compensable condition
For more information please view the Physiotherapy outpatient services in CALHN web page.
Referrals are accepted from all inpatient specialities across CALHN as well as specialist outpatient clinics, general practitioners (GP’s), allied health clinicians and other health care providers.
All referrals are triaged within 24 hrs to determine the clinical urgency of the patient’s condition.
Wait times will vary depending on the patient’s clinical need and the level of demand on the service.
RAH contact details
- Clinic fax (for referrals): (08) 7074 6247
- Appointment enquiries: review / change or cancellation of appointment: (08) 1300 153 853
Tel: 1300 153 853
Fax: (08) 7074 6247