This page provides information for staff on the current patient screening requirements and visitor guidelines. Public facing information about visitors can be found here on the CALHN website.
Visitor guidelines and requirements
Current visitor guidelines are as follows:
- Adult general inpatients no restrictions.
- End of life patients no restrictions.
- Emergency Department patients can have a visitor accompany them in the Emergency Department.
- For outpatient patients one visitor can accompany the patient.
- For confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patients our clinical teams will continue to support patient visits virtually and where appropriate, two visitors per day can be arranged with the treating team. Wearing appropriate PPE.
Our guidelines provide for greater flexibility for end of life visits or other support/care reasons and support additional visits where indicated for patient and family support.
During visiting hours, to help keep everyone safe from COVID-19, visitors should not visit if they've been exposed to COVID-19 or have any respiratory symptoms.
Visitors are required to wear masks in clinical areas, such as on wards, and in patient rooms. They no longer have to wear masks in non-clinical settings.
Program decision making
In hours visitor access can be managed by the Nurse Unit Manager.
Out of hours
Out of hours visitor access is to be managed by the Shift Coordinator and reviewed by the After-Hours Coordinator DLHealthCALHNAfterHoursCoordinators@sa.gov.au
RESOURCES AND TOOLS FOR STAFF
CALHN has the following resources and tools for staff:
- CALHN visiting a patient with COVID-19 fact sheet | 23 November 2022