Get in touch with the right people
Specific enquiries may be addressed using relevant contact details listed below.
- For medical or mental health emergency, please call 000 or present to your local Emergency Department.
Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) switchboard
- Telephone: (08) 7074 0000
Urgent and serious referrals
If your patient needs an urgent and serious outpatient referral:
- please telephone RAH switchboard: (08) 7074 0000, and
- ask to speak to the specialty on-call registrar for the service required
- discuss details about the referral case with the on-call registrar
- confirm correct clinic fax or email address with on-call registrar before sending directly to the clinic required
- include relevant documentation with referral, requirements are detailed in the ‘health professionals‘ section (of this site) for each specialty condition.
All other outpatient referrals
- View the required RAH outpatient referral criteria web page before sending your referral.
or, call RAH Outpatients Department:
- Telephone: 1300 153 853
or for outpatients (appointments), please email:
- Telephone RAH switchboard: (08) 7074 0000
To provide feedback about your experience at the RAH, please contact one of the RAH Consumer Advisers during business hours.
- Telephone: (08) 7074 1377
Freedom of information (patients/public)
Requesting medical history or birth information, please email:
Health professionals and patients, please email:
Patients or visitors, please telephone:
- RAH Security Office: (08) 7074 6000
- or email: RAHSecurityControlRoom@spotless.com.au
Referral advice for lending equipment, such as wheelchairs, is managed by the RAH Equipment pool.
- Telephone: (08) 7074 0056 or (08) 7074 0051
Note: Hospital crutches are hired through Independent Living Specialists (ILS).
Please contact ILS directly for all questions about their use.
- Telephone: (08) 8410 7335
- Website: ilsau.com.au
Medical research for treatment of diseases, please email:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone Hospital billing enquiries:
Telephone: (08) 7117 2377
Private practice billing enquiries
Telephone: (08) 7117 2377
- or visit the paying for your bill RAH web page
For CALHN/SA Health jobs (nurse/medical/admin):
- Career opportunities at the RAH, visit:
Working at the RAH web page
- Work experience and clinical placements/internships, visit:
Education and Training web page
- Career opportunities within SA Health, visit:
ww.sahealthcareers.com.au web page
- Career information, please email:
For Spotless jobs (cleaners/catering/orderly), please visit:
Medical elective placements
University (Australia and overseas), please enquire here:
Guitar/piano playing and singing in foyer
Please contact RAH Centre for Creative Health:
Requests to be added to an email distribution list, please email:
- Please contact RAH Security by email: