For any general questions, contact the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) switchboard.
- Phone: (08) 7074 0000
Urgent and serious referrals
- Phone the RAH switchboard on (08) 7074 0000
- Ask to speak to the on-call registrar for the service you need
- Discuss the referral with the registrar and confirm where to send documentation (e.g. email address, fax, post)
- Send the referral with relevant documentation. For referral requirements, find the service you need in Clinical Services.
All other outpatient referrals
Get more about outpatient referrals for health professionals and outpatient appointments for patients at the RAH:
- Outpatients - Health professionals
- Outpatient appointments - Patients and visitors
- How to change or cancel your outpatient appointment - Patients and visitors
Compliments and complaints
Your feedback is important — it helps us provide better services to the community.
To provide feedback about your experience at the RAH or to speak to our Consumer Experience team, go to Compliments and complaints for details.
Freedom of information (patients/public)
Health professionals and patients with questions about medical records can email: HealthRAHMedRecInfoOfficer@sa.gov.au.
The RAH Security Office
- Phone: (08) 7074 6000
- Email: RAHSecurityControlRoom@spotless.com.au
Referral advice for lending equipment (e.g. wheelchairs) is managed by the RAH Equipment pool.
- Phone: (08) 7074 0056 or (08) 7074 0051
Crutches are hired through Independent Living Specialists (ILS). Contact their team for any questions about their use:
- Phone: (08) 8410 7335
- Website: ilsau.com.au
Research and clinical trials
Read about the medical research undertaken and researchers working at the RAH, plus get information on clinical trials, the clinical trial facilities available to hire and information for medical researchers.
To pay a hospital bill, see paying for your bill.
For general billing questions, contact:
- Phone: (08) 7117 2377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the RAH, for both clinical and non-clinical roles, go to Working at the RAH.
For work experience and clinical placements or internships, go to Education and Training.
To get information on career opportunities within SA Health, go to the SA Health careers website.
Medical elective placements
If you are a university based in Australia and overseas setting up medical elective placements, please email: Health.CALHNMedicalAdmin@sa.gov.au.
To organise a tour of the hospital, contact the RAH Research Fund:
Guitar/piano playing and singing in foyer
For information on playing the piano, guitar or singing in the RAH Foyer, please contact the RAH Volunteer services:
To be added to an email distribution list, email: Health.eHealthSystemsServiceDesk@sa.gov.au.
Security (e.g. access cards)
Contact RAH Security by emailing: RAHHelpDesk@Spotless.com.au.
Volunteer services unit
We rely on hundreds of volunteers within the RAH to assist patients and clinical staff in all sorts of tasks. Interested in volunteering? Find out more about the services we provide and how you can make a difference.