Finding your way around the RAH
All areas of the Royal Adelaide Hospital, whether it's an outpatient clinic, inpatient wards, surgical unit and offices, are assigned a Level (number) and Section (letter) within the hospital.
Your location for your visit should always be assigned a Level (number) and a Section (letter), for example, 3E will be on Level 3, Section E.
If you are going in a lift, always go to Level 3 (ground level) first.
Find the Section you need. Each Section (letter) is serviced by a dedicated lift. Use the Section lift to go to the Level you require.
As an example for how to get around, if you are going to 5F - you need to go to Level 5, Section F.
- Go to Level 3 (ground floor) first, as your starting point
- Go to Section F (Green) dedicated lift on Level 3 (ground floor)
- Take the lift to Level 5
- When you arrive at Level 5, signs on the walls will indicate you are at 5F
- Follow signage to your destination
Our friendly and knowledgeable hospital volunteers are available during the day to help navigate your way around the hospital.
Look out for them in bright purple shirts, located on Level 3 (ground floor) near the lifts, at our information centre and reception at the main entrance, as well as on selected floors around the hospital.
Sections, colours and themes
Each Section (letter) has been assigned its own colour and artwork theme to assist in finding your way:
- A - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander | Dark brown (at ground floor level 3, Lift A is to the left of the main entrance on North Terrace, near the Aboriginal Health Hub)
- B - Fauna | Light brown
- C - Flora | Green
- D - Cultural diversity | Grey
- E - Earth | Orange
- F - Flora | Green
- G - Water | Blue