Our highly specialised clinical facility allows for intensive monitoring for narrow therapeutic margin (higher risk) therapies and our non hospital allocated beds allow for overnight and participant studies to be conducted with ease, providing greater flexibility to sponsors and clinicians.
PARC is a 10 bed clinical facility capable of conducting clinical trials across all stages of development, fully equipped with all of the latest medical technology to ensure the safety of our healthy volunteers and patients.
We are able to provide privately screened beds for clinical assessment, as well as shared entertainment and meeting room facilities. This provides an environment to allow close and intensive monitoring of participants involved in complex studies such as first in human dosing studies and less complex outpatient based studies.
Due to our location at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and our affiliation with the University of Adelaide our unit has all the facilities of a major public teaching hospital and a leading Australian University.
An abbreviated list of facilities at PARC is provided below. We welcome CRO and Sponsor site assessment visits.
- Emergency management through the 24 hour on-call medical team at the hospital
- Laboratory capabilities and staff who are experienced in completing
- On call specialist staff
- Secure storage onsite and off site.
- Secure electronic storage
- Schedule 8 storage and supply
- Has a local trials pharmacy and able to manage controlled substances. The local pharmacy has a schedule 9 permit
- 24 hour Security Services
- Onsite laboratory with monitored, alarmed storage, centrifuge, fridge and freezer facilities
- Utilities area
- Pharmacy services
- Study monitor (CRA) area
- Bathroom suites for PARC participants
- Facilities for visitors
- Wireless technology and Internet
- Entertainment facilities
- Participant lounge and TV area
If you would like further information of the facilities available please contact us.