The Urology Unit at the Royal Adelaide Hospital provides specialist advice and treatment for patients with urological problems living in the central Adelaide area.
The unit is also the main tertiary referral hub for complex urological conditions, including trauma, for patients from rural South Australia, the Northern Territory and part of New South Wales and Victoria.
Our teams are dedicated to providing state-of-the-art medical and surgical care. The service has extensive experience in diagnosing, treating and caring for inpatients and outpatients with problems involving the kidney, bladder, prostate and male reproductive organs.
These conditions include cancer, stones, infection and urinary incontinence.
The Urology Unit is equipped with the latest endoscopic and minimally invasive equipment, including two 100W holmium lasers, flexible uretero-renoscopes and laparoscopic equipment.
Our service includes:
- Advanced prostate cancer diagnostic
- Bladder cancer surveillance, diagnosis and TURBT (Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumor)
- Haematuria Clinic
- Incontinence surgery (female and male) including devices and intravesical Botox
- Laparoscopic surgery (nephrectomy)
- Low dose rate brachytherapy
- Pelvic oncology
- Robotic surgery (prostatectomy, partial nephrectomy, nephrectomy, pyeloplasty)
- Specialist urology nurse
- Testicular cancer referrals for RPLND
- Ureteroscopic stone surgery.
Phone the Outpatient Call Centre: 1300 153 853
Level 3, zone F