Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) Physiotherapy outpatient services are provided at both the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH). While many services are provided at both sites, patients may need to be directed to a particular site for management of specific conditions.
- Adult musculoskeletal conditions
- Burns outpatients (state-wide)
- Patients referred from the RAH Pain Management Unit with chronic pain
- Haemophilia (state-wide)
- Hand therapy
- Lymphoedema (limited service and eligibility - contact TQEH/RAH directly)
- Patients with a chronic respiratory disease who may benefit from instruction in airway clearance techniques
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic floor function and continence issues (males and females)
Services not provided
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, spasticity
- Bandaging/garments for vascular conditions
- Exercise prescription for weight control
- Soft tissue massage only
- Paediatric conditions
- Return to work/Industrial Rehabilitation/Work Cover/Motor Accident claims or any compensable condition
For more information please view the Physiotherapy outpatient services in CALHN web page.
Appointments at RAH
Please refer to the information sheets below for
information regarding the outpatient service.
- CALHN Specialist outpatient clinics FAQs
- CALHN Outpatient Clinic Appointments patient information and responsibilities
Please refer to the outpatient map below and present to your designated clinic on the day of your appointment.
- Outpatient map – RAH
Referral from your GP
You need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner to access this service.
Your doctor will need to fax your referral letter to us. We will be in contact with you within clinically recommended times, depending on waiting list length. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time.