The Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) Wellness Centre provides health information and works collaboratively with other RAH departments and outside organisations to increase the capacity of the community to improve their health.
Health is more than the absence of disease, it is the process of enabling people to take control over and improve their health.
The role of the RAH Wellness Centre is to promote health initiatives and programs and improve access to reliable health information for patients, staff and the community.
Some of the Wellness Centre initiatives include:
- Provision of relevant health brochures
- Supporting National and State health initiatives
- Men's health including Tool Box meetings, Pitstop events and Clipsal Health Checks
- Quit smoking counselling for staff and patients
- White Ribbon events
- Health event promotion such as Healthy Bones Week, Nutrition Week
- Healthy Eating including Cardiac Capers.